Holiday WorkoutJanuary 2, 2013
Burn Those Calories This Holiday Season!
Get moving and make a change for the Holiday’s!
Try these 5 big movements in a small amount of time!
*Please note that it is important to receive physician’s approval before starting any exercise program.
1. Jump Squats/Fast Squats: Control your breathing. To modify, you can always perform the fast squat. Pay attention that the knees do not exceed the toe line. Complete 10-15 Repetitions.
2. Walking Lunges: Step forward and lower the bottom knee 2 inches from the floor. Make sure the front knee does not go over the toe. Keep your shoulders back and chest open. You can also try the lunges in place. Complete 10-15 Repetitions.
3. Push Ups: Focus on lowering your body down to the floor and lowering your chin just a few inches from the floor. Engage in the abdominal and keep your back strong. To modify you can drop to your knees. Complete 10-15 Repetitions.
4. Bicycle: Use your abdominal muscles and do not pull on your neck. It is important to pull the small of your back to the ground as you are lifting the bottom of your rib cage to the top of your hip bone. Keep your chin away from the chest. You can always modify to a basic crunch. Complete 10-15 Repetitions.
5. Low Back Raises: Keep your arms over head, exhaling up and inhaling down. Execute the movement slow and controlled keeping our back nice and strong. Complete 10-15 Repetitions.
We recommend performing this entire exercise series 1-3 times!