5 Outdoor Workout TipsMarch 27, 2012
1) Stay hydrated before, during, and after your workout.
– Drink 8-10 fl oz of water within 20 minute before beginning your workout.
– For every 15 minutes of vigorous exercise, consume 8-10 fl. oz of water.
– Weigh yourself after the workout and for every pound lost, drink 20-24 oz of water to replenish water loss.
2) Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and the wind.
3) Wear supportive workout shoes, cross-training and running shoes are good choices. Your feet are the foundation for the rest of your joints, so take care of them! If you haven’t purchased new shoes in a while, like 6 months, it may be a good time to get a new pair to assure good shock absorbency.
4) To assure a cool-dry workout, wear clothing that provides moisture-wicking material. We love JoFit, which includes JoDry and JoBlock, which keeps you cool and dry and offers extra protection from the sun. Always wear sunblock for additional protection.
5) Be sure to warm up and cool down. Warmer climates require longer warm ups because your body is adapting to the temperature and climate changes.