Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Fitness Fanatic!December 19, 2013
Wish List for Santa
Every year around Thanksgiving I say the same thing: “I am not going to wait and buy holiday presents last minute.” What happens? I wait until the last minute. I can’t pinpoint exactly why this happens each year, but this year is no different and here I am sitting at my computer while my daughter naps, searching the internet hoping to find gifts (and great last minute deals!) for my fellow fitness loving pals. Here are my top picks!
1. Klean Kanteen water bottles. This is a neat gift for anyone. Not only are these water bottles super cute (the green and purple are my faves!), but everyone could be drinking more water. Water helps flush toxins out of the body and helps aid in weight loss. These bottles are also eco-friendly. Think of all the plastic cups we throw away on a daily basis. You will be helping your family and friends and saving the planet! It’s a win, win.
2. Fitbit. This nifty bracelet will track basically everything you do: calories burned, steps taken, how long you sleep, etc. You can then wirelessly sync the data to your phone or computer. This is such a great gift for the person in your life looking to stay motivated with an exercise plan.
3. GapFit gDance pants. Ladies, these pants are a must have! They are super comfortable and look great on everyone. The pants create a “long and lean” look. They also look great outside of the gym! Throw on some flats and a oversized sweater and you will be pulled together to run errands.
4. Lululemon Core ½ Zip. This flattering pullover is for the guys in your life. I have heard from more than one male fitness professional that this is the “go to” top, especially for runners. The material is not heavy but it keeps you comfortable in cooler temperatures. The top also offers a secure pocket so that your keys and iPhone are safe.
5. Personal training session or package. Even if a friend or family member does not want to commit to training long term (although it will be hard not to fall in love), getting that one-on-one time with a fitness professional will give them pointers on how to exercise effectively. They can also walk away with some great new moves!