Festive Workout Clothes for the Fourth!July 1, 2016
Summer Wish List
Happy Fourth of July, folks! It sure does feel like Memorial Day weekend was yesterday. It’s so nice to have another long weekend of fun hopefully filled with friends, good food and drinks (in moderation, of course). Since I live in workout clothes (what are jeans, again?) I am always on the hunt for cute gear that I can exercise in and wear doing errands/chasing after a toddler/being spit up on by a 2 month old. Taking two children out of their car seats and popping open/closing the stroller in this heat is a sweaty workout in itself, let’s be real. Included are some fun workout clothes that I need…I mean, want.
- Nouveau Limits Tank in white. I am pretty obsessed with tank tops with cool backs. They just look so pretty! Once again, Lululemon delivers a functional and adorable top. www.lululemon.com.
- Zella ‘Live in’ Crop in blue vivid dramatic print. If this crop doesn’t scream America, I don’t know what does. Gotta love a bright and crazy legging with a plain colored top. www.nordstrom.com
- Zella ‘Racer’ Tank in blue solar. This tank is basic and the color is beautiful. Plus, it’s cheaper than the Lululemon one!
- Pace Breaker Short in blue. These shorts look like a nice basic pair of workout shorts for the gentlemen. They are lightweight and a nice length. www.lululemon.com
- Nike Dri-FIT cool in blue. Again, basic tee for the guys with sweat wicking fabric to help keep you dry. It also comes in a sleeveless option if you want to show off the guns. Or prevent a farmer’s tan. www.nike.com
I don’t know about you, but I love working out in new gear. It’s like wearing a new outfit on the first day of school. Since Memorial Day and the Fourth of July both include lots of fireworks, feel free to do the explosive workout I posted. The workout requires maximum effort. The amazing thing about HIIT workouts is that your body will continue to burn lots of calories after the workout aka the “after burn effect.” So, get up, workout and then go enjoy a hot dog…or two. Happy Fourth, friends!