15 Reasons for a Nutritious 2015!December 30, 2014
Get Ready for the New Year with These Tips
- To Have More Energy: “Food is fuel” is the complete truth! We must eat to give our bodies energy to perform daily functions. Just like we put gas in our cars, our body needs consistent nutrition to keep us going all day long.
- To Control Your Body Weight: Our bodies have really good internal cues for hunger, but when we eat the wrong foods, we lose those cues! Eating the right foods will help control your body weight- and hey, maybe lose a few pounds without even thinking about it.
- To Sleep Better: Eating and digesting is a huge job for our body and timing of meals has a ton to do with our circadian rhythms. Eating consistently throughout the day and getting on a regular pattern can help you sleep better when you hit the pillow every night!
- To Save on Trips to the Doctor: We all know it- health care costs are on the rise! Preventative health that includes nutrition and fitness are getting more attention. Healthy trips to the grocery store will save thousands dollars when it comes to doctors visits, medicines and surgeries.
- To Increase Your Life Span: We are the first generation who is not expected to live longer than our parents- and that’s because of chronic diseases like Diabetes and Heart Disease. We improve our lifespan by preventing chronic disease through nutrition!
- To Improve Your Digestion: Yes, I mean Poop. All those un-fun topics including gas, bloating, and poop are totally related to the foods we eat and drinks we consume on a daily basis! Adequate fiber and liquid are parts of a healthy diet that will improve your gastrointestinal function and make things run more smoothly!
- To Work Better: Want to be more mentally sharp at work? Our brains are the most metabolically active organs in our body and deserve proper fuel! Studies show people that eat breakfast in the morning perform better at school or work all day long!
- To Be Happier: “When you eat good- you feel good” Getting foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals can help improve your mood.. Especially during these winter months!
- To Make Small Changes Now: Our nutrition habits are rooted from the day we were born, the families we were raised in and require effort all-day-every-day. I won’t admit, making changes aren’t tough, but making small changes now will lead to a better outcome in the long run- Let’s GO!
- To Decrease Stress: Don’t add an unhealthy diet to your list of “stressors”, make it one thing on the “good pile” of life!
- Because it Tastes Better: Quality nutritious food taste like quality! Switching your taste buds from processed foods to whole foods can take some time, but will taste better!
- To Improve Exercise Performance: Want to hit those goals with your personal trainer? Or make gains fitness-wise? Get on board with nutrition to improve exercise performance!
- To Improve Your Skin and Hair: Skin and hair cells are created from the protein and other nutrients we eat. Proper nutrition relates directly to all of the growing cells in our bodies.
- To Enjoy Food with Family and Friends: Cooking and eating at the dinner table are enjoyable with friends and family around! Take time to enjoy the things we put in our mouths, it helps control portion size and food choices!
- To Never “DIET” Again: We’ve all done them- the crash diets you start and quit! Get on the nutrition bandwagon and vow to never “Diet” again!